My cheese curiosity got the better of me and I couldn’t resist trying out the Cheese Shed in Devon. Run by Ian Wellens and James Mann this online Westcountry artisan cheese shop is based in or at least run from a blue shed in Devon.
The website is great, quirky and works well, the order process was smooth, the cheese arrived quickly and well packaged. My selection included :-
- Menallack – Penryn, Cornwall, great tasty hard cheese better than a traditional mature cheddar
- Keltic Gold – Bude, Cornwall, very smelly strong flavoured medium soft cheese!
- St. Endellion Brie – Cornish Brie made with double cream, very creamy and delicious
- Rachel – Somerset goats’ milk cheese, very ripe, distinctive goat taste!
- Devon Blue – Totnes, unpasteurised cow’s milk as it should be, moist & crumbly as described, very nice for the blue cheese fan