I have a full Stilton Quarter that we have not even started over Xmas, so have been looking out some Stilton Cheese recipes to try and use some up!
This is Stilton and Cauliflower Soup adapted from Keith Floyds recipe from his book Floyd on Britain & Ireland and serves 8.
- 30g/1oz butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 very large or 2 regular cauliflowers
- 1 Litre/1.5 pints vegetable stock
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 pint milk
- 8 oz blue stilton
- parsley to garnish
- melt butter in pan and fry onion until soft (do NOT brown)
- add cauliflower, stock, salt and pepper and bouquet garni and bring to boil for 10 to 15 mins
- remove bouquet garni and allow to cool slightly
- liquidise or blend until smooth
- mix cornflour with a little cold milk and stir into puree with remaining milk
- bring to boil whilst stirring
- remove from heat and start crumbling the Stilton into the soup and stirring until melted and combined, it’s ok to have some small cheesy lumps!
- serve with a sprig of parsley and enjoy…