Michael Ward – Head Chef of The Highwayman, Nether Burrow, Kirkby Lonsdale, Pub Chef of the Year 2009
Another simple but delicious recipe prepared at the recent Take 3 Chefs event in Settle.
Buttered crumpet, Bob’s Organic Day Old Lancashire Curd, watercress & beetroot Salad
- 1 crumpet
- Half curd
- 25g watercress
- 30g pickled beetroot
- 3g rapeseed oil
- 1 punnet of mustard and cress
- Toast off crumpet.
- Butter and add thinly sliced beetroot.
- Place half a curd on top and grill until golden brown.
- Dress the leaves with the rapeseed oil and place on top.
- Serve the pickling juices reduced down to make a sticky dressing.