Just finishing the last bottle of homemade summer lemonade, now the nights have drawn in, the leaves have turned and the temperature has dropped this is like a taste of summer but still excellent and the kids love it!
- 4 lemons
- 3lb sugar
- 4 pts water
- 2oz citric acid (you can buy it from the local chemist)
- cut away the outside peel and zest of the lemons and place in liquidiser with half a pint of water, if large lemons cut the ends off and discard. top speed for 1 minute.
- pour into saucepan with remaining water and bring to boil.
- extract juice from lemons and add sugar and citric acid to pan, stir to dissolve.
- strain and bottle in hot sterilised bottles.