The Lister Arms in Malham will again be hosting a Carved Pumpkin Competition from 3pm on Sunday the 30th of October 2011.
Several local chef’s and food producers will be entering pumpkin creations, come along and join in the fun, apple bobbing, Paganum sausages and pumpkin soup will be available on the day.
Prizes for best carved pumpkin and fancy dress. Anyone can enter and different classes for Adult & Kids entries.
Lister Arms, Finkle Street, Malham, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 4DB 01729-830330
And for all that pumpkin flesh from hollowing out and carving your pumpkins Terry Quinn, Chef Patron at the Lister Arms suggests this pumpkin soup recipe:-
- pumpkin flesh
- red onion chopped
- green & red chilli to taste
- salt & pepper
- pinch of cumin, thyme & rosemary to taste
- chicken or vegetable stock
- fresh orange juice squeezed into finished soup
- soften the chopped onion in a little butter (or Yorkshire rape seed oil)
- add chilli, garlic, chilli & herbs and fry a little to release flavours
- add diced pumpkin flesh and soften only for a minute or 2
- then add stock and simmer for 40 mins or leave to simmer in oven for an hour (bottom oven of the Aga)
- squeeze a little fresh orange juice before serving or a swirl of cream
Photo from Craven Herald, many thanks to Terry & Kirsty and all the staff at the Lister Arms, Malham for putting on a great family event and to all 17 fantastic entries in the pumpkin carving competition.
Pumpkin carving results :-
1st Olivia Dewhurst, Kirkby Malham,
2nd Chris Wildman, Paganum Produce,
3rd Granville Boocock, Victoria Inn, Kirkby Malham
Fancy Dress :-
1st Gemma Darwin, Kirkby Malham
2nd Millie Bradley, Malham
3rd Laurie Petrucci, Hanlith