The Good Food Guide announces winners of Readers’ Restaurant of the Year Awards
The Good Food Guide has today announced the ten regional winners in its prestigious The Good Food Guide Readers’ Restaurant of the Year Awards.
A record 44,500 food-loving members of the public put forward their favourite restaurants, pubs and cafés from around the UK for the annual awards. The Good Food Guide award judges have sifted through all the nominations to pick the regional winners and celebrate some of the best dining experiences around the country.
The ten regional winners are:
– North East – Van Zeller, Harrogate
– North West – Grenache, Walkden, Manchester
– East of England – Maison Bleue, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
– London – Charlotte’s Place, Ealing
– Midlands – The Bluebell, Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire
– Northern Ireland – Mourne Seafood Bar, Belfast
– Scotland – Ubiquitous Chip, Glasgow
– South East – Jeremy’s Restaurant, Haywards Heath, W Sussex
– South West – The Swan, Wedmore, Somerset
– Wales – Y Polyn, Carmarthen
Elizabeth Carter, Consultant Editor of The Good Food Guide, said: ‘This year’s regional winners in The Good Food Guide Readers’ Restaurant of the Year awards really are a stellar bunch. Each restaurant is testament to the great dining scene around the UK and we heartily congratulate them all. Of course, what makes these awards so special is that they are based on feedback from The Good Food Guide readers – the people who are out there eating and enjoying food every day – what higher compliment could there be?’
To qualify for these esteemed awards, aimed at championing local neighbourhood eateries, restaurants needed to be independently run and offer regional or local produce where possible. Of the ten regional winners from around the UK, one will go on to be named as the overall The Good Food Guide Readers’ Restaurant of the Year. The winner of this esteemed award will be announced on 20th June 2012.
UPDATE: Van Zeller in Harrogate won the Readers Award…