Another simple and quick meal, using what I had on hand. Friend dropped some fresh coriander in and I found a bag of home fed pork chops in the bottom of the freezer that needed eating!
- Home fed locally reared pork, this was some pork steaks and a couple of chops from brother Nigel’s Pietrain Porkers.
- 1 Red Pepper, 1 green pepper (home grown)
- Fresh Coriander good handfull, roughly chopped, any big stalks removed
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 inch cube fresh ginger chopped
- Medium Onion (or use Spring/Salad onions cut on slant) using the last few of our own home grown onions
- Salt & pepper
- Chicken Stock Cube with 200ml boiling water to dissolve (you dont need too much fluid just the flavour)
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- Tablespoon Wharfe Valley Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil (I’m using this instead of Olive Oil for frying now)
- Rice & teaspoon of Turmeric (Turmeric gives a fantastic colour to the rice without too much flavour and its much cheaper than saffron)
- Trim any fat from Pork (can be chops, steaks, filet whatever you have and cut into strips)
- Chop, Onon, Red & Green Peppers into strips
- Finely chop, 1 clove of garlic & 1 inch cube of fresh ginger
- Fry pork strips, salt & pepper in the rapeseed oil until the pork is just starting to turn golden brown, remove from pan with slotted spoon and reserve for later
- Fry onions, peppers, garlic and ginger until onions are soft in remaining oil then return Pork to pan and add tinned toms, coriander & stock.
- Bang it all in the oven for 30 mins and serve with long grain rice (I added a teaspoon of Turmeric to the rice to give it colour)