The perfect Pancake Recipe …
Pancakes are seemingly easy to make but can often turn out a disaster. Our simple guide will help you make the perfect pancake for Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Day! Flipping the pancake is optional – but a lot of fun!
150g plain flour
1/2 pint milk
pinch of salt
knob of butter
non stick frying pan
freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour and crack the eggs into the flour, slowly add the milk & whisk until you get a smooth paste. Whisk well making sure you have no lumps in your mixture.
2. pour the mixture into a jug and put to one side.
3. place the pan onto the heat put a little butter in. Once the butter is hot but not burning turn the heat down a little now pour some of the batter mixture into the pan – about 2 tablespoons per pancake. Tip the mixture around the pan until it fully coats the pan.
4. allow to cook for about one minute until the underside is golden brown and comes away from the side when lifted with your pallet knife.
5. flip the pancake and cook the other side for about one minute until golden, the pancake is now ready to serve.
6. place onto a plate and sprinkle with sugar and squeeze of lemon juice or golden syrup & lemon, for extra decadence add a coating of proper butter.