Salad Niçoise with new season English Asparagus & Quail Eggs
A very simple version of the classic Salad Niçoise, with a few new season Jersey Royal potatoes, and English Asparagus from Growing with Grace at Clapham and Quail Eggs from Church View Farm Eggs that I traded for our Gloucester Old Spot Sausages at the Leyburn Food Festival!
- 2 tins of tuna
- handful of baby plum toms, washed & halved
- 4 or 5 Jersey Royal potatoes, boiled and roughly chopped
- little gem lettuce leaves
- green beans, blanched to leave a little crisp & cut into inch lengths
- English asparagus spears
- 6 boiled quail eggs, halved
- a good glug of your own vinaigrette
Combine extra virgin cold pressed rape seed oil, white wine vinegar, a little crushed garlic, a teaspoon of dijon mustard and season with salt & pepper in a Kilner bottle or jam jar and give a good shake to combine and emulsify.