The sun stayed out just long enough in Malhamdale to have the first barbecue of the year at the weekend. After cleaning up the BBQ from it’s winter storage we got the local charcoal going, I now use Craven Charcoal from Rathmell which is a fantastic local, sustainable resource and really does burn longer and hotter than the imported garage forecourt charcoal. I will be supplying Craven charcoal on the local Paganum delivery round.
So what did we have on our meat fest BBQ?
- Fresh line caught Whitby Cod & Yorkshire Chorizo parcels, just a fillet of cod caught by Jonny the day before with a couple of chunks of part cured cooking chorizo with a splash of lemon juice wrapped in foil.
- Paganum Pork Sausage
- Yorkshire Dales Lamb Chops
- Chicken, pepper & celery Kebabs (not sure about the addition of celery!
- Belted Galloway Burgers, burger recipe here
- Mini Gloucester Old Spot home-cured gammon steaks