Perfect for an easy starter that you can prepare and dish up before you finish off the main course, Black Pudding Salad with cherry tomatoes and soft boiled egg and a classic vinaigrette dressing.
- Black Pudding, allow 1 x 1cm thick slice per person
- Mixed green salad, e.g. lettuce, watercress & rocket
- Cherry tomatoes (the small vine cherry tom’s are great)
- Small free range eggs (Bantam eggs are perfect)
- Seasoning, salt & pepper to taste
- Fry the black pudding slices for approx 2 mins on each side or pop in the oven for 10 mins and allow to cool.
- dress a side plate for each person with the green salad leaves
- crumble the cool black pudding onto middle of salad leaves
- add half a soft boiled egg and a few cherry vine tomatoes to side of each plate
- just before serving drizzle with dressing or serve with a jug of dressing to pour on yourself
Classic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 2 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic peeled & crushed
- 6 tbsp Wharfe Valley Yorkshire rapeseed oi
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp caster or granulated sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- measure all ingredients into a clean jam jar
- with the lid on the jar shake vigorously for 30 secs whilst dancing to the radio!
- best prepared a few hours before you need it so the flavours can infuse, best served at room temperature