Really simple quiche!
For a fast but homemade quiche try this!
- blind bake your pastry in a quiche or flan dish, don’t forget to prick the base with a fork to prevent air bubbles and brush with a little egg to seal, I used Jusrol pre-rolled shortcrust pastry, a Delia Cheat Ingredient!
- fry half an onion and 2 rashers of Yorkshire bacon until golden brown
- mix 3 eggs, 4 or 5 fluid ounces of cream and a pinch of salt & pepper
- add the onion, bacon & grated cheese to the cooked pastry and then pour in the egg & cream mix
- bake for 20 mins or until set/cooked
Simple as that, replace the bacon, cheese and onion with goats cheese, broccoli, asparagus, smoked salmon or whatever you can get your hands on!