After the Take 3 chefs event at Settle thought I had to try the recipe demonstrated by Richard Wallbank from Ravenous, I’m not sure my attempt looked as professional as his but it was very very tasty all the same!
Trimmed pork loin stuffed with black pudding and wrapped in bacon, cling film and roll and refrigerate for a couple of hours before roasting. Cut the pork on an angle to give larger slices.
I served with fried potatoes, griddled asparagus and leeks in a white sauce.
Richards original recipe was :-
Black N Blue Pig (serves 2)
- 1 lge pork tenderloin
- 2 rashers of streaky bacon or shoulder bacon
- 1 slice black pudding
Richard used all of the above from the Blue Pig Company
- Trim the tenderloin of any fat and push a long blade knife into the fat end of the meat making a caviyt along the fillet
- Break the black pud up into small pieces and push into the fillet until it is full
- Wrap the tenderloin with the bacon and place on a baking tray.
- cook at gas mark 7 for about 20 mins
- slice diagonally into 1/2 inch slices
- serve with mustard sauce or a red wine gravy or apple sauce or anything you like really