Spotted a recipe for Oeufs en cocotte with spinach & Parma Ham on The Independent website and as we have lots of fresh farm eggs and some spinach I thought I would try it for a simple tea.
First problem, no air dried ham! but lot’s of Chorizo so of course I had to try it with a few finely sliced paprika laded jewels of chorizo.
- a few slices of chorizo or a little parma ham for each serving
- double cream
- white pepper/ground nutmeg
- You can prep this simple dish up beforehand by sweating off the spinach, then draining or even squeezing the juice out of the spinach and allowing to cool
- add a little of the spinach to a ramekin & a few slices of the chorizo (or Parma Ham)
- crack a free range really fresh egg into the ramekin,
- add a tablespoon of double cream to each ramekin
- sprinkle a little white pepper and/or ground nutmeg on the top
- place ramekins into a deepish baking tray full of hot water, the water should come at least half way up the sides of the ramekins (your new water bath)
- bake in the oven for approx 10 mins, I put them on the middle shelf of the top Aga oven.
- decorate with a little more spinach & serve